Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I will wait for you: Part 2

The video I posted yesterday could not have been more timely. God knew I would need those words in my heart for today. There are days when I go about my business, serving the Lord, going to work, coming home, sending emails, going for a run, all without noticing or caring that someone is not beside me doing it. And then there are days when the realization is so tangible it hurts. Inevitably (after a good cry and a few times childishly asking, "Why?") these are the sweetest, most intimate times with Jesus. These are the times when the facade of being able to do it all on my own is completely shattered and I go running back into His arms, clinging to him, waiting to hear the words that always come, the words I so desperately need to hear, "I love you. I desire you. You are treasured." And I gather up my courage, I feel His strength in my weakness, and I am empowered to wait for Him.

These words stood out to me from the video:

A virgin in the physical, but mentally just a grown woman on the corner in heat!
Who was tired of the wait!
Ready to sell my aorta for a quarter, not knowing the value of its use to me.
Arties so clogged with my will, it blocked His will from flowing through me.
So, I thank Christ that His blood pressure gave this heart an attack,
That flatlined my obscured vision, put me flat on my back
Through my ignorance He sawed,
Through my sternum He sawed & cracked open my chest
To transplant Psalm 51:10
A new heart & a renewed right spirit within!
So now I fully understand,
Better yet I thoroughly comprehend,
How much I need to wait… for You.



I will no longer get weighted down,
From so-called friends & family talks,
About the concern for my biological clock
When I serve the Author of Time.
Who is NOT subject to time,
But I’M subject to Him,
He has the ability to STOP, FAST FORWARD, PAUSE, or REWIND at any given time…



But to my Father, my Father who has known me before I was birthed into this earth
Only if you should see fit…
I desire Your will above mine,
So even if you call me to a life of singleness,
My heart is content with YOU – the One who was sent.
YOU are the greatest love story ever told,
The greatest story ever known
You are forever my judge & I’m forever Your witness
And I pray that I’m always found on a mission about my Father’s business
Oh, I will always be Yours!
And I will always wait for You Lord, more than the watchmen wait for the morning
More than the watchmen wait for the morning…

I will wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment